Thursday 12 January 2012

Interview - In gesture of appreciation: Launch of Bharat Muni Samman - Vijay Shanker

This interview spotlights renowned Mohiniattam and Kathakali exponent and dance educationist Dr. Kanak Rele on the occasion of the launching of the Bharat Muni Samman on 22nd January at Kalangan of Ravindra Natya Mandir in Mumbai. The veteran dancer talks briefly about the significance of the awards and dance education in India.
How did this idea of launching the Bharat Muni Samman come about?
I have been privileged to receive various awards like the Kalidas Samman in 2006 and the Padmashri and other awards. During my career, I have been interacting with lot of cultural and literary personalities concerning my research work in Mohiniattam and while writing books on dance. When I reflect back on the work, I realized that it is high time that I must contribute and express my gratitude to these veterans whom I have selected for the award.


Read the interview in the site

2 comments:

  1. Why there is a question about who are the award winners, but no question and no answer about how the candidates are shortlisted, how many, and how the winners were selected, why other candidates rejected?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.thehindu.com/arts/theatre/article2792868.ece

    ReplyDelete