Monday 10 February 2014

Article - Clothes too have stories to tell - Ashwini Kaarthikeyan

For four days, I had the privilege to attend the master class conducted by internationally renowned, revivalist fashion designer, Sonam Dubal, entitled, ‘Clothes tell stories’ at Adishakti Laboratory for Theater Arts & Research, in Puducherry.
My preoccupation with redesigning the Bharatanatyam costume began a couple of years ago, when I began sharing my art as a soloist through the classical dance form of Bharatanatyam. Through this workshop, I felt a kinship with Sonam’s rich cultural heritage and childhood. Watching me work with the saree to help redesign my dance costume, during this workshop, he astutely observed and told me, “As a first step, begin to write in as much detail, all that restricts your dance in the present costume. 


Read the article in the site

No comments:

Post a Comment